Nov. 1, 2022. Aviation Pros Article
D.C. travelers can now get their favorite local pizza before a flight as Timber Pizza Co. opened today at Reagan National Airport, joining its two storefront locations and mobile food trucks in our nation’s capital.
“Timber has always been about serving great pizza to all of DC, especially with starting out with a mobile pizza oven to serve all over the city,” said Andrew Dana, co-founder of Timber Pizza Co. “At our core, we want to be that great neighborhood pizza shop, that people crave weekly, and now we can reach more D.C. area residents as well as those traveling to our incredible city.”
All pizzas will be fresh baked and made-to-order as 10” individual pizzas. Guests can anticipate some of Timber Pizza Co’s iconic menu items including options from the Red, Green and White pizzas:
· The Bentley – tomato sauce, provolone and mozzarella blend, cured chorizo, soppressata, Peruvian sweet peppers, spicy honey
· The Green Monster – pesto, fresh mozzarella, feta cheese, zucchini, kale
· Pretty in Pepperoni – tomato sauce, provolone, and mozzarella blend, fresh mozzarella, pepperoni, basil
· The Shirley – provolone and mozzarella blend, pesto drizzle, tomato drizzle, jalapeños, cured chorizo, green onions
· Pork Empanadas – slow-roasted pork, pickled shallots (spicy pineapple chips to dip)
Along with these signature pies, the restaurant is open for breakfast, serving delicious breakfast sandwiches on buttery biscuits, as well as breakfast empanadas. Guests can also grab fresh salads, signature empanadas and more, including grab-and-go options.
“We welcome Timber Pizza to its first-ever airport location,” said Chryssa Westerlund, executive vice president and chief revenue officer for the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority. “Reagan National Airport is proud to offer local brands that bring a taste of home to each traveler’s journey.”
“Timber Pizza Co. is an outstanding addition to the Reagan National Airport concessions program,” said Michael DiCosola, President of MarketPlace Development. “We strive to partner with local and familiar brands and to bring the flavors of the region to the airport for all travelers to experience.”